Frequently Asked Questions
The following list of topics provides assistance when ordering reports and maps. Click on the questions below for more detailed information.
If you didn't find the answer to your question here, please contact our Solution Center at 1-800-231-5973.
Why am I having difficulty navigating the site?
Navigating the Site
Once you've started the ordering process, use the buttons at the bottom of the page to navigate through our web site and place your order (back, help, cancel, and continue). When you are browsing the informational pages on the site, you can use the "Back" button on your browser.
How do I locate my site?
Locating Your Site
Use a ZIP code to help the system locate your site more quickly.
What if my site can't be located?
Unable to Locate Your Site?
- Try another cross street that might be close to your desired location. If that location comes up, you can relocate the site marker on the map to the original location.
- Try another name. For example, if a street name has changed in the past few years, use the old name. Perhaps a street name is also a state highway, so you might try that highway number.
How do I enter Interstates?
How to Enter Interstates
To enter Interstate 95 and Highway 5, you would enter I-95 and Highway 5.
Once I've defined an area, can I access it again for future report/map orders?
Save and Access Areas for Future Orders
Yes, with the use of the Area Manager feature, you have the ability to save areas and access them for future orders. Define your area only once, eliminating the need to create the same area over and over. The Area Manager maintains all of the details about your areas, including name, type and level. Unused areas can be deleted at any time. Note: this feature is only available to SiteReports members.
What does the Quick Order button do?
Quick Order Button for Faster Ordering
When ordering reports/maps within your license you can take advantage of Quick Order. If you incur additional costs, the Quick Order option will not be available, and you will need to complete the regular ordering process to review and verify your order. The Quick Order button allows you to skip the order verification steps.
- Place your order as usual – login, select geography, specify area, verify map, and select report or map option.
- If you're selecting a report/map within your license (those marked as "No Charge"), the "Quick Order" button is activated.
- Note: If the report/map selected is not within your license, the "Quick Order" button will not be available. Click "Add to Cart" to proceed as usual.
Once the "Quick Order" button has been selected, your order will be processed immediately– eliminating the checkout, invoice and charge account steps.
What about account billing hints?
Account Billing Hints
- Retain order #'s for billing accuracy
- Remember to enter all information in lowercase letters.
- Each user needs their own user name and password, although multiple users can have the same account number for accounting purposes. Contact your account representative at 1-800-234-5973 to sign up for an account.
- The e-mail address that you need to retrieve a previously placed order must match the e-mail address that was given when the Internet account was set up. If your e-mail address has changed, please use your old one.
What do I do if I've forgotten my password?
Forgot Your Password?
Go to www.myaccount.claritas.com. Enter your valid user ID and click to "check mark" forgotten password. It will be emailed you immediately.
Please call Technical Support at 1-800-231-5973 for assistance.
What is the 'Authentication Failed' error message?
'Authentication Failed' Error Message
This occurs in an account billing situation and may be due to one of the following factors:
- User name has been entered incorrectly. Remember to use all lowercase letters.
- The account number is incorrect. Please call Technical Support at 1-800-231-5973 to verify your account number
- Your password is incorrect. Please call Technical Support at 1-800-231-5973 to verify your password.
How do I keep track of my order?
Keeping Track of Your Order
An order number is generated for each order. You can review this 9-digit number prior to billing. You should print a copy of this invoice for future reference.
How do I retrieve a previously placed order?
Retrieve a Previously Placed Order
- Click on the "My Account" button on the navigation bar.
- Click on the "Retrieve Order" menu item.
- Type in your order number and your e-mail address. Click the "Next" button.
- Any orders placed within the past 7 days will be listed.
- Click the "Next" button to retrieve your report.
Can I cancel an order after it has been submitted?
Cancelling an Order After Submission
You are given the opportunity to cancel an order when you review the entire order. You can cancel an order prior to check out or after entering the billing information. You can also cancel before selecting the "Charge Account" button on the Invoice page.
Is it safe to use my credit card?
Safe Credit Card Usage
What happens if I think I have been billed twice?
Please call Technical Support at 1-800-231-5973.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Forms of Payment
MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover are all accepted. You may also choose an annual subscription. Review the available annual subscription packages for unlimited access to reports and maps at one low price.
How do I set up an annual subscription or account billing?
Setting up an Annual Subscription or Account Billing
To become a SiteReports member, simply click here to sign up Online or call 1-800-234-5973 to speak with an account representative. Members enjoy the convenience of receiving transactional invoices, as well as access to these valuable SiteReports tools:
- MyAreas allows you to create areas and save them for future report and map orders
- Retrieve Orders allows you to see the previous seven days of orders
- My Account provides an easy way to track your order history